Monday, November 17, 2008

A dream fulfilled?

I'm waiting and working to see a dream fulfilled. It's a painful and inward journey that I've begun. I have a plan and somedays it works better than others.

My deferred hope is making my heart sick, has made my heart sick, and I fight everyday to heal my sick heart. My heart is more than broken, and I don't know that it will ever be healed. My faith wanes from day to day, but deep down I do know that I am chosen, loved and important to Him, even if to no one else.

I am re-learning, or maybe I never knew how... to love. Love is so many things, and isn't so many others. Love is patient and kind, but many times I am not patient or kind... so much to learn!

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a dream fulfilled is a tree of life." ~ Proverbs 13:12, NLT

frog line

1 comments:

wedogmomma said...

This is the first thing that came to mind last night when I first read your post....I've prayed over your heart several times throughout today....and that is no small feat for forgetful me:

Ephesians 6:12
For we are not fighting against people made of flesh and blood, but against the evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against those mighty powers of darkness who rule this world, and against wicked spirits in the heavenly realms.


Eph 6:13 Use every piece of God's armor to resist the enemy in the time of evil, so that after the battle you will still be standing firm.


Eph 6:14 Stand your ground, putting on the sturdy belt of truth and the body armor of God's righteousness.


Eph 6:15 For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News, so that you will be fully prepared. [fn]


Eph 6:16 In every battle you will need faith as your shield to stop the fiery arrows aimed at you by Satan. [fn]


Eph 6:17 Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.


Eph 6:18 Pray at all times and on every occasion in the power of the Holy Spirit. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all Christians everywhere.

You are fighting for a cause even greater than emotion or love.....your family is a target for an enemy greater than we can fathom, and yet a flawed, and ultimately defeated foe.
You are loved!

About Me

frog and butterfly