Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Seven years!

7 year itch

Yup, no 7-year itch for me... well sorta :) I've been at my same job now, 7 years! TODAY! It isn't my record, but coming close... Four years, we were in one location, very close to home and I took that for granted.

Then the plant moved, only about 10 miles away... but that 10 miles is in the wrong direction commute-wise, so my short 10 minute commute turned into 45 minutes on a good day. Then I up and moved a mile or two in the opposite direction, making my commute even longer! :) After work moved, it took this old body *months* to adjust... :( but now it is more like a bad habit, I'm just stuck with it.

Lately however, hubby and I have been commuting together, as he has a company car and the gas is paid for, since gas is over $4/gallon here and probably won't be going down anytime soon... joyful! So I sleep, talk, surf the net on his laptop or just space out, while he drives, negotiates the route, deals with all the idiots on the road, etc. Ahh, how nice it is! And then, since I'm stuck at work, he brings me lunch - sweeeeetttttt!

So happy work anniversary to me... that will be the highlight of the celebrations, this company, these people, etc. do almost nothing for anything - but its a good thing while it lasts! Thank you Lord for everyday in every way!




"Jotham grew powerful because he walked steadfastly before the LORD his God." 2 Chronicles 27:6

frog line

0 comments:

About Me

frog and butterfly