Wednesday, June 4, 2008

'til they all come home



So what can one person achieve? A whole lot! Case in point: me! For a while, I had been wanting, in my free time, to find a way to support the troops, but feeling alone in this world, it just hadn't happened.

Recently, when a parent support group I was part of, just sorta fell apart in front of me, I realized that I just might not quite need that group, and might need something for me, to help me connect with others and do good works, maybe not even in my own home. And that once all that happened, I would be a more fulfilled, happy, and energetic person, in the rest of my life.

So by God-incidence, I was drawn to two organizations, Operation Quiet Comfort (www.OperationQuietComfort.org) and Antioch Military Families & Friends (www.AntiochMilitary.com) and jumped right in. I am so involved its almost scary! Things are going really well... this answer to my prayers, has become others answer to their prayers - a real win-win situation! We, together, are getting things done, where things just weren't before, we're breaking new ground together and bringing about change and giving many others the opportunity to help. I am SO excited about all of this, its even hard to sleep. (so much for my idea of being more energized)

I encourage each of you to find something you can be passionate about and dare to dream! I did, and I'm thrilled about it all! Wishing you all peace 'til the troops come home!


"For the Lord God is our sun and our shield. He gives us grace and glory. The Lord will withhold no good thing from those who do what is right." ~ Psalm 84:11, NLT

frog line

2 comments:

Marcie said...

Question from the pond scum gallery: some from your org have been collecting sample/hotel-sized soaps and shampoos and the like... What happens to those? Are you all organizing them into individual bags for any soldier, or are you passing them on to a mother organization who does it?

No worries either way - just curious. :)

Leslie said...

Great question Marcie! Each org works differently. The hotel toiletries are gathered and grouped then subdivided amongst the care packages sent out monthly from AMFF.

OQC only send out sample/travel sizes.

Whats the difference? Well not much in my mind, but apparently there is a difference :)

About Me

frog and butterfly