Monday, July 14, 2008

Appreciation for the vintage



... and no I'm not talking about me :) LOL I got these two terrific old heavy metal "vintage" sewing machines. They aren't just old, but they're ancient :) at least as far as modern machines are concerned.

The one pictured here is vintage 1953, which yes, is older than me :) It has interchangeable cams that change the stitch pattern. The color is fantastic in a love the avocado way, the case is extremely neat, and I hope the beast will even sew.

I also got a not-quite-so-vintage Morse. Boy, that thing is smooth. It has a certain ring to it when I sew... ahh, like the sweet smell of a fantastic memory! Pardon me while I swoon :)

Anyway, off to sew, well later, after I get this thing called work done... more later, maybe :)

"After Noah was 500 years old, he became the father of Shem, Ham and Japheth" Genesis 5:32



frog line

1 comments:

Tenise said...

I think I had one almost just like that (well same color anyway) when I was a kid! I don't think it ever really worked, either that, or I just didn't know how to thread it. (Probably the latter..) But, that's a sweet machine! LOL!

About Me

frog and butterfly