Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Gray day


Ahhh, the humanity of it all. I disappoint myself, others, and vice versa. Today I'm just sorta blue, not gray or terrible, just sorta down. There are so many things I want to do, to provide for my family, to sustain the world... yet, I fall short every time, or at least it feels like that to me today.

It's like a blanket of disappointment that pervades my life, maybe all our lives, the human quality we all share, eventho we all try, at some level to achieve more than humanly possible.

I guess that's just the way this life goes in our human condition. Its so hard sometimes to look beyond yourself and your 'less than' condition... and I know many have worse situations, and I can only imagine what gets them out of bed, out of the bottle, or out of their own misery.

I have my faith and it helps sustain me daily, and I know it bring great peace to many. I am never disappointed in God's mercy, peace and splendor. I need to lift my eyes to the Father and get out of this funk. He made the heavens and the earth, He numbered every hair on my head, He knows me by name... ahh, I feel better already!


"We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure. This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves." ~ 2 Corinthians 4:7, NLT

frog line

3 comments:

The Chromik's said...

Hugs my friend!! Im here if you need anything!!

Tenise said...

Aww. Thanks for your post. I feel like that sometimes too. Sending hugs!!

Tenise said...

Aww. Thanks for your post. I feel like that sometimes too. Sending hugs!!

About Me

frog and butterfly