Thursday, October 23, 2008

Automobile Adversity


Grrr, if it isn't one thing, its another. Aug 27th I was rear-ended, which caused my car to be "totalled" and it also caused whiplash. Today, hubby's car was STOLEN, in broad daylight in a public parking lot in San Francisco. Hmph.

Just like my accident, there isn't much that can be done about a random theft, but good golly, it is SO frustrating. I'm so glad that I am storing treasures up in Heaven instead of here in this temporary world. All these things are just things, tools to help us get things done here, ways to get to work, and whatever else.

There is no promise of no storms in life, but instead a calm voice in the storm, a strong hand to hold, a Father who listens and gives us strength.



"... Does it mean he no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or hungry, or destitute, or in danger, or threatened with death? ... And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God's love."~ Romans 8:35, 38, NLT


frog line

2 comments:

The Shafer's said...

Oh...Leslie
I'm so sorry! Your in our prayers..

wedogmomma said...

Argh, wow!
When it rains........, huh???
Let me know if there is a way we can help!

About Me

frog and butterfly