Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Sleeping in Peace

Good sleep is so important for all of us. I relearned that just the other night when I could NOT sleep! The reasons that evening seemed endless: post-party and pre-work adrenaline, the noisy house due to two boys staying up all night on the wii & xbox, and hubby getting up at 3:50am to get to work by 5am.

I haven't yet caught up on that lost sleep and maybe we just can't really do that in or human bodies and minds. Why is it so hard to turn off the world, know that we are safe and sleep well? I need to learn to calm myself, my inner self as well... and trust that I am allowed to relax and sleep, without the need for sleep meds or other means.

He has given us a means of refreshing and we just need to take it. Allow me to rely on you Lord and know that you alone will guide my steps. Remind me of these things during these ordinary hard times... remind me to pray, trust, love and encourage more than I criticize, whine and count on my own strength in these daily things.



"In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, O Lord, will keep me safe." ~ Psalm 4:8, NLT

frog line

1 comments:

The Shafer's said...

Praying for sweet slumber!! The greatest part of reading your blog is that you share something that is going on and bothering you but yet you see the Lord in all of it. Bless you Leslie for sharing all that Lord is doing in your life!

About Me

frog and butterfly